Change is constant. We see change in our environment, society, government, education, and individual lives. We experience change in our circumstances and know that it is a part of life. Change occurs in our finances, career, emotions, looks, health, lifestyle, relationships, and many other areas of life.
Our reactions to change can range from excitement to trepidation. Change is exciting, scary, and many other things to many people. There are positive changes and there are negative changes. There are changes imposed by self and there are changes imposed by others and things. Either way, change is largely intimidating.
How then do we cope with change?
1. Accept that change is a part of human existence
2. Acknowledge your feelings about the change
3. Have a positive attitude towards change and get rid of bitterness, anger
4. Look for the light in the tunnel
5. Know when to seek help from others
6. Clarify the steps you need to follow to deal with the change
7. Be diligent and disciplined enough to follow through
8. Lift yourself up when you fall, and keep going
9. Live a life of gratitude. There’s always something to be thankful for
10. Give back. Think of ways the change can help you help others.
Be patient. Things will work out. Your best is yet to come!
Can you think of additional ways we can remove fear from and cope with change? Share with us!
Photo Credits: Arnould de Potesta de Tornaco photography. free theme for Windows. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/changing-seasons-download-theme