Here are some suggestions to help you worry less and live a stress-free life:
1. Take one day at a time.
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day in a relaxed manner.
4. Say 'No' to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and declutter your life. Maintain a work-life balance.
7. Know when to multitask and when not to. Multitasking does not always pay huge dividends.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what you should do about it and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; save a little from each paycheck.
13. Have backup plans; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, etc.
14. Have control over what you think and what you say. This piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the kid in you everyday.
16. Learn to say 'No' without having to explain yourself every time you do.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Live a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy and exercising, Walking, for example, is scientifically known to reduce stress.
19. Get organized. Have a daily to-do list and follow it. Prioritizing helps eliminate stress. Big time!
20. Listen to a CD while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down your thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Engage in acts of kindness. It helps give you better perspective of things and there's joy in giving.
24. Make friends with positive people.
25. Delegate and/or seek help as much as you can.
26. Engage in lifelong learning. Start a new hobby. Read books.
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but do not be so hard on yourself.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
32. Talk less; listen more.
33. Adopt a lifestyle of humility and gratitude.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before going to bed, think of one thing you're grateful for.
Here's to a stress-free life!